There are a few simple tricks to improving your landing page:
- Display a clear message as to what your business does. If a visitor is unable to identify what it is you are offering in 5 seconds you need to look at tweaking your landing page.
- Identify a goal for the page. These goals should always have the visitor click on one button that leads them off the landing page. The three main goals are normally:
- Generate a Sale. Identify will the sale happen on or off-site? How will you track off-site sales? We can help put Analytics in place for onsite sales, but off-site becomes a bit trickier. A good CRM system can help you here. Hubspot offers a great free to use CRM system that we use. It can integrate with your website and feed leads directly into their system.
- Get the visitor to fill in a form or subscribe to your newsletter. Email newsletters are a great way to stay top of mind with existing and potential customers. Make the form easy to find and do not ask for too much information or the visitor will not complete the form.
- Download something from your website. This is always a great way to get an email address. Offer a free howto guide or a nifty tool.
- Do not overload the customer with options. Options need to be simple and clearly explained. Then guide your customer to where you want them. The old adage of K.I.S.S – keep it simple stupid – should always be top of mind.
By improving your customer experience and improving your conversions, you also improve your page and domain authority with the search engines.
The most important part of this whole exercise is that you create an easy to use experience for the visitors to your website.
For help on improving your landing page conversions, please feel free to contact us